A bit about us
Arlo is an award-winning global business with HQ in Wellington, New Zealand and offices in the UK and Canada.
We believe that human interaction is still at the heart of effective learning. Blend that philosophy with the latest elearning tech, Arlo is fast becoming the preferred solution of choice for commercial training providers globally.
Arlo has been developed as the definitive tool to run a training operation, helping our clients save time, grow sales and transform the way their training is delivered. With customers in over 70 countries and processing over $1b since conception, Arlo is the realisation of that vision.
That success is put down to a combination of super talented and passionate individuals, who never stop pushing the envelope and with the single-minded focus to make training management easy and accessible.
What you’ll do
As a Senior Developer at Arlo, you will be responsible for implementing new features on our existing enterprise SaaS product. This includes ensuring modern best practices are followed in regards to coding standards, software architecture, automation for testing and deployment, and Agile methodologies. This involves collaborating extensively with all team members, including Developers, Test Analysts and the Product team to understand the business objectives, technical requirements and determine the best way to deliver the solution.
You will be responsible for:
- Hands-on involvement in full stack application development and testing
- Leading and mentoring other team members to encourage their growth
- Promoting modern industry design patterns, development principles and security standards
- Recommending improvements of internal processes, including code reviews, testing and delivery
- Collaborating with stakeholders to design, plan and develop new product features
- Identifying, communicating and addressing risks and concerns proactively
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in the design, development, and deployment of complex, multi-tenanted systems based on the Microsoft stack
- Experience with multiple front-end technologies including: Vue, ExtJs, Knockout, jQuery, CSS/SASS
- Understanding of dependency injection, IoC concepts, unit and integration testing, SOLID principles
- It would be an advantage to have
- DevOps and CloudFormation as core concepts of modern development
- Cloud technologies such as Microservices, ECR, Lambdas, SQS
- Knowledge of SQL Server queries and stored procedures
- Working in a hybrid / remote environment
Skills & qualifications
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to adapt to and accept other approaches.
- Results-driven mentality, self-motivated, enthusiastic and with a “can do” attitude.
- Comfort in a dynamic environment where you need to move quickly and wear many hats.
- Educated to degree level preferred but not essential.
- Be willing to adapt and help the team evolve its processes
- Able to prioritise new tasks with the current ones
- Understand that you need to be learning constantly
- Understand your personal strengths and weaknesses
- Be self-motivated and self-driven
- Identify potential issues, size them and drive their solutions
- Have good balance of figuring something out by yourself and asking for help
- Own your solutiongs, good and bad
- Be able to share useful knowledge with the team
- Don’t avoid the hard conversations, say what’s on your mind
- Maintain good relations with the team
- Provide a cover letter and copy of your CV. Sell us on why you think you would be perfect for the role.
- Apply as soon as possible. We’ll assess and interview applications as they arrive.